May 21, 2010

The Pledge

Wardrobe Refashion has a interesting pledge.

I pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 months. I pledge that i shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovated, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftiness brings! 

I've decided to do it! I won't buy any new pieces of clothing for 2 months. I think this will really trigger my creativity and make me reflect on my shopping habits. Will I be able to distance myself from the experience of shopping or will I start to anxiously count down the days and go nuts in some horrible mall once the 2 months are up? As a comfort, the pledge allows vintage and second hand shopping. (Thank god, cause I'm going to Stockholm in July!)

No comments:

Post a Comment