May 17, 2010

Stickat

Here are some vintage knitting patterns from a few issues of "STICKAT", a Swedish knitting magazine. The magazine started in 1945, right after the end of the second world war, but I have no information what happened to the magazine. The issues I have are from 1946-49 and I found this note in one of them:
"Would you be so kind and go down stairs and see which key fits in the entrance. The key I gave to Johansson's in the shiny one. Bring back the key that fits. When you arrive I will go out at buy the paper"

On the back it's another note:
"Your laundry was dry so I took it in for you. If you want to, you can take the stairs today and go and visit Märta tomorrow if you get lonely. I'm going out to look for a cute fabric"

For me, this is the best part of buying old patterns, to find little treasures and get a glimpse in to the life of the previous owner.



No comments:

Post a Comment