June 15, 2010

Le weekend

An afternoon not too long ago was spent organizing my patterns. I bought acid-free sleeves for all of them and organized them according to decade and pattern type. A wave of inspiration came over me when I rediscovered patterns I almost had forgotten. One of them was this cute weekend ensemble from the late 50's:

However, it turned out to be a bit of a challenge once I took a look at the pattern pieces. Dots of various sized indicated darts, hemlines, center folds, buttonholes and so on and it took some time to solve the puzzle.

Then came the challenge to adjust the pattern to my size but after some time spent with a muslin and many needles I think it turned out pretty well.


Someone has a sailboat I can get on?

1 comment:

  1. I love Anne Adams patterns but I haven't seen that one before. It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete