July 28, 2010

Hello again!

I told you I was coming back at the end of July, didn't I?

My vacation was amazing. I thought that the Scandinavian summer (usually 18 degrees and rain) would allow me to get some more sewing done but since most evenings were spent outside enjoying the warm summer nights (and NO mosquitos!) I barely finished two muslins. On the other hand, the last few nights here at home have been quite productive and my two first skirt designs are now finished. Voila!


The first skirt is a straight under-the-knee skirt with two kick pleats at the front.


                                                                                 Black buttons to come!

The second skirt is a SUPER tight trumpet skirt with a longer back piece which shows of the amazing bronze lining I found in a small fabric store in my old home town. The skirt looks absolutely fabulous while walking and moving around (no sitting in this one, way too tight). Notice my $15 vintage pumps!


                                                                                                    
(And let me put an end to any pregnancy rumours. What you are seeing is just a huge portion of pasta with scallops in a cream/vodka/tarragon/lemon sauce from an unfortunate camera angle)


More news! I have finally made the commitment to get a serger. Wow! I'm picking it up in a few days.

2 comments:

  1. I love your trumpet skirt. What pattern did you use for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! Did this come from a pattern, or was it custom?

    ReplyDelete