March 30, 2011

Me Made March 30: up-cycled

I have really tried to wear something hand made or vintage every day for the month of March. And succeeded! But having time to document it has been a bit of a challenge since I've been very busy sewing dresses for an upcoming event. However, today I got to work early and snapped a shot of myself wearing an up-cycled dress I got for $5 at Goodwill.


 Before / Inspiration / After

The dress was an ugly, unflattering thing from the early 90s with shoulder pads and mid-calf length skirt. I added bust darts, took it in where necessary, removed the shoulder pads and shortened the skirt and the sleeves.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my God! Lovely! Style clothes "Mad Men" I have love. You gotta wear that great dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that photo of Joan and your re-make of the 90s dress is perfect!

    I am so glad my friend A sent me a link to your shop and that I found your blog! I am very inspired!

    ReplyDelete