April 16, 2011

Shorts!


I recently made a pair of shorts using this pattern. 

I used a red twill and my own handmade seam tape. I love them and can't wait for it to get a bit warmer but I am surprised how short they are considering the pattern is from the very early 60s. Usually I end up shortening the length of the legs in vintage shorts but this time I actually wanted to add an inch.



Handmade seam tape at the hem.


By the way, my sailors stripe top blogged about here was also made using the same pattern.

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! I'd love to try making my own, but trousers and shorts still scare me! lol
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! They look great! The handmade tape is a nice touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out very well! I've got a couple of pairs that I made from a 1949 pattern and was expecting to have to shorten some. They are already pretty darn short though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that pattern is amazing! i want! those shorts turned out great and they look awesome on you! love the tape, too.

    ReplyDelete