May 17, 2011

60's bikini

A recently finished project:


The pattern I used:



I only had to make minor adjustment to both the top and the bottom  so it was pretty straight forward project. I used a black swimsuit lining on the inside and zigzagged (did I just make up a verb?) thin elastic tape around the bra and the bikini bottoms (that way the bikini won't come off as I get out of the water).

Not sure that this bikini would work in St Tropez but it will definitely be suitable for wearing around the pool while the seniors in our building watch me chase our water-crazy toddler.

9 comments:

  1. That's a really gorgeous bikini top. I'd love to see the bottoms too. Where did you get your lining from? I'm planning on making a pair of bikinis, but have been stuck with the lining! RL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually like bikinis but this one is super cute. I love the style and fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reana Louise - I got the lining at a fabric store that also sells swimwear fabric. I'm sure you can get it online as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip, I will keep looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely bikini, I'm planning on making one myself, this is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's perfect for St-Tropez!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is so cool. I have been dying to make a vintage suit but haven't found a pattern yet.

    ReplyDelete