March 13, 2012

Yet another coat



The original pattern is for a house coat and didn't call for lining or interfacing, i.e. I had to draft those pattern pieces myself. I also aded fusible interlining and chose larger buttons. I used a dusty pink wool with a bright fuchsia lining and vintage plastic buttons. All in all, it was a pretty easy coat to make, especially since it's a raglan sleeve coat (no sleeves to ease in) without a collar. My only problem is that the weather here in Toronto is way to warm! I can't believe I'm saying this but if it was only 4-5 degrees cooler this coat would do the trick!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, very cute! Love the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! love the color and pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. And a fabulous use of that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I have made several of these robes over the years, zippers/buttons, short/long, summer sheer/winter quilted. I got the pattern from my mum, who always had some 60s glam version on in the mornings growing up.I can't wait to try it as a coat! I love it!

    ReplyDelete